Using all different types of cleaners in your home that contains chemicals aren't just bad for the environment, they are not good for you and your family either. Think about how your grandparents or parents used to clean their homes back in the day. They probably used a lot of homemade cleaners, and didn't have a cabinet full of different types of cleaners. These simple cleaners are much healthier for you, and are easy to make. You most likely have a lot of the ingredients already. See below for some all-natural cleaners to clean your home.
All Purpose Cleaner
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
- 5–10 drops essential oil (mint, lemon or orange)
- 1 drop all-natural dish soap
- Mix all of the ingredients into a spray bottle, then shake well to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Spray the mixture onto a microfiber cloth, or directly onto the surface you are trying to clean. Wipe away the dirt and dust, no rinsing required.
This all-purpose cleaner is not to be used on glass surfaces.
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. castile soap
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- Mix the ingredients into a spray bottle, then spray onto the surface. Wipe it clean with a microfiber cloth.
This mixture works well in the kitchen to wipe down a greasy stove-top, hood or microwave. Wipe counters down that have greasy residue, especially around the stove. This mixture is not meant for wood surfaces, so don't clean your cabinets with it.
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tbsp. rubbing alcohol
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil (or any scent you prefer)
- Mix the ingredients into a spray bottle, then spray onto the glass surface such as windows or glass table-tops. Then wipe them dry with a microfiber cloth.
Wood Floor Cleaner
- 1 gallon warm water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 - 3 drops lemon essential oil
- Combine all of the ingredients into a bucket.
- Use either a mop or microfiber cloth wrung out so it's just damp, not soaking wet.
- Clean your floors using the mixture, working in small sections at a time, then rinsing out the mop or cloth. Dip the mop or cloth into the mixture and repeat the process until your floors are clean. Allow them to air dry.
Cleaning your home with all-natural cleaners is a much healthier way to clean your home. Keep toxic chemicals from other store-bought cleaners out of your home.